In continuation of my previous write-up, “When Is It Rightly the Word of God or Sorcery? (II)”, I will continue on ergo:
It is important to also note that the bible was not written in chapters and verses, scholars did the wonderful job of separation into chapters and verses. This had resulted to some few manipulations practiced by believers; some do it knowingly, some out of ignorance.
I’ll give a few scriptures that are often manipulated and boycotted, therefore they never truly and fully find expression on the life of the average believer.
- There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus. Mostly, when this part of scripture is quoted, what follows is neglected. ………….who walk not after the flesh, but after the spirit. (Rom. 8: 1). A believer in Christ who is sensual and lacks spiritual sensitivity to yields and flow with the tide of the spirit will experience condemnation. Scriptures cannot be broken. Whenever partial truth is upheld and taken as the whole truth, the full quanta of Gods power made available in his word is never known and experienced. Whenever doctrines are built on partial truth, process is often neglected and that equates sorcery.
- According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness. “through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue” is often neglected. It also went further and said, “5and beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience goodliness; 7and to goodliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8for if these things be in you, and abound, they make ye that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ” (2 Pet. 1: 3-8). This is proof that for any believer to be fruitful in all ramifications, these basic additives must never be lacking in the person’s life. Again, this is mostly neglected.
Neglecting this and expecting results is equivalent to sorcery.
- One of the most popular scripture of all times is the famous John 3: 16, 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
This is balanced doctrine
Notice what the verses thereafter says.
- Amazingly of all subjects and terms in the bible, the only one explicitly defined was Faith. Hebrews 11 tells us faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen. Furthermore, it says without faith, you cannot please God for whosoever comes to him must firstly believe that he exists and is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Heb. 11: 6).
The aspect of diligently seeking God has been obsolete to the average believer rather; he or she only comes to God in times of dire need; desperados. Unfortunately, our desperation does not and cannot tilt God to act any faster. His timings and seasons have been set by him in his sovereignty, and they are immutable. We are creation and he is creator.
- 1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. 11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. 13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. 14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation (Psalm 91).
Of all promises mentioned in this chapter, observe the conditions that always precede. There is always a role man has to perform and seeking results without acting or igniting the process that yields to the result is simple manipulation.
- Psalm 23, the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. In my previous write-ups, I titled one “The Lord is My Shepherd” and I expounded on what that meant. If a believer does not in any subscribe to being a flock under the shepherd fold of Jesus, all that followed that chapter cannot be the description of his everyday life. God is not bond to keep and sustain a word He did not speak; that is why above and beyond the “logos”, we need the “rhema” word of God, the Spirit breathed word of God quickened in our spirit. Once again, grace does not annul the government of God.
- Abraham, our father of faith was blessed by God, he had some principles and acts he consistently yielded himself to, and courtesy of that, he made it possible for the blessings of God to find expression upon him. Expecting the blessings of Abraham without yielding is not going to work out well.
Abraham was a man of faith and obedience. He was a man of alters, he understood the power of sacrifice, and he hinged his life on God’s word and promises.
In Genesis 22, Abraham was asked to take his son, his only son whom he loves (this very son in view was the promise that Abraham and Sarah waited for years for), and sacrifice as a burnt offering. He obeyed and deep within him, Isaac was already dead. Hebrew has this to say: “17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, 18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: 19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure” Heb. 11: 17-19.
It was after this that God sought for one greater than himself and found none, then he swore by himself that in blessing, he will bless Abraham. Abraham didn’t wake up suddenly a blessed man, he was made, being subjected to process.
He believed God and it was accounted unto him as righteousness. Remember, God cannot be mocked; whatsoever a man sows is what he will reap. Sow rebellion to simple instructions and yield futility.
- In Malachi, God said, He will rebuke the devourer for your sake, the condition was to be a faithful tithe payer.
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts (Mal. 3: 10-11).
These are principles laid down by God, these are authorities enacted by God in his sovereignty. Rebellion to these principles is directly proportional to stepping out of God’s covering and protection.
- This book of the law shall not depart from thee.
8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success (Josh. 1: 8).
Before it is on your mouth, it must be taken into the heart and mind through the eyes. Believers do not study to know the truth, therefore are easily tossed around by every wind of doctrine. We are instructed to meditate, day and night, not once a day, it’s twice daily. Then we shall observe to do what is therein. Afterwards, a good success, not just normal success, but rather a good one is then guaranteed.
- In 1 Thessalonians 5, Apostle Paul admonished the believers about the second coming of the Lord Jesus, he said it will be like the coming of a thief in the night, meaning that it is going to be sudden and most will be caught up unawares. One part that is never read is that he was speaking and he referred to those who were in darkness, those who were not in the fold of Christ, he said in that same chapter that as for us, the sons of light, it is never going to be as such and this invariably means that even though we may not know accurately when it is going to be, however, we are not absolutely clueless.
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober (1 Thess. 5: 1-6).
If believers can study the bible and compare and contrast with what and where the church of God upon the earth is, we will come to the conclusion that a lot of work is still yet to be done. Am I saying we should be comfortable and not expect the coming of the Lord Jesus? NO. Rather, am saying, with proper understanding, we can read times and seasons more accurately, and not hang in limbo.
The bible says to us that we have a more sure word of prophecy, which is the word of God. We might not so necessarily need someone to tell us the counsel of the King, if we stay put always with his word. Refusal to do so and understand is what brings about desperation and in man’s quest to be eased off his burden, he can resolve to anything, sorcery not excluded.
A wise saying goes this way: “if you deny people food, they will gladly gulp poison”. This isn’t because they want to do so necessarily, but rather than dying, they’d prefer to subsist or exist since living isn’t a possibility.
Finally, the word of God says, study to show thyself approved, a workman that needs not be ashamed rather rightly dividing the word of truth. Is also says, I commend you to God and to the word of his truth, that is able to keep you and grant you an inheritance in the saints. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the word of God.
If it’s always the word of God, and if it is understood and followed right, then the power made available for tremendous manifestation cannot be ascertained.
We were called to be living epistles in all ramifications.
Lets the book of the law never depart from us, rather, let us study and meditate on it for until then, there isn’t anything promising about this faith we profess. Selah.